Join us this Wednesday evening from 5.30pm for a community BBQ and #ChangeTheHeart service. Led by Common Grace, ChangeTheHeart is a service of acknowledgement, lament and prayer as we approach January 26th – a day of mourning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As we regather for the year, our BBQ and ChangeTheHeart service is a chance for us to enjoy time together in gratitude, and create space to hear the call toward a vision in the world of reconciliation, healing and restoration.
All are welcome to join us for our regular Sunday Eucharist worship services at 9am each week. During school terms these include kids’ church and activities for families with young children. For those who can’t be with us in person, you are welcome to join our weekly Sunday worship online via Zoom.
Occasional joint services with St Margaret’s take place at 9.30am as noted in our church calendar.
Our Advent Service on Sunday 27 December is a joint service at 9.30am (rather than our usual 9.00am).
Zoom ministry will be provided this Sunday by St Margaret’s at the following link: https://uca-nswact.zoom.us/j/97088373486?pwd=ak9jY2ovTTZkbjA1aE5PSzVaMGFxQT09
Meeting ID: 970 8837 3486. Passcode: 732688
Our fabulous programme of Christmas events is out now – featuring:
- Saturday 26 November, 2.30pm: Choir Concert – “Songs of Heaven & Earth”
- Sunday 27 November, 9.30am: Advent Sunday Eucharist, joint with St Margaret’s Uniting Church
- Sunday 27 November, 7pm: Darkness Into Light
- Sunday 4 December, 5pm: Family Christmas Time Out
- Friday 9 – Monday 12 December: North Canberra Nativity Festival (also on Facebook)
And much much more! Check out the posters below for more information.
It’s a season of longer days, warmer weather, and … pumpkins?! Once more our families and friends are gathering for a spring barbecue and firepit, party games and a touch of spooky fun. Kids’ costumes are encouraged!
Join us from 4.30-7.30pm.
All are welcome!
Join us one and all for a fabulous day at Holy Cross Hackett on Sat 19 Nov. Our fete is back for another year, with new games, activities and stalls, and all the wonderful things you have come to enjoy from Holy Cross. Join us from 11-3.30pm for food, activities, fine wares, Christmas goods, and our famous Holy Cross book stall. Join us on the day or reach out to us at email@example.com for more details.
Amidst this unpredictable winter, our parish ‘retreat’ will be a weekend of fellowship, fun and prayer right here at home.
We have put together an exciting program! Attendance is free – please sign up at www.holycrosshackett.org.au/weekend if you haven’t already put your name down on a sign-up sheet.
Saturday 13 August
MORNING (Church Annex)
- 9.00-9.45: breakfast (coffee, fruit, pastries)
- 9.45-10: Morning Prayer
- 10.00-12.00: Drawing Close to Jesus – spiritual session
- 10.00-12.00 (younger kids): games, movie
- hospitality in homes (for those who wish) – please make sure you register or email if you are hoping to join us
AFTERNOON (Mt Majura, then Church)
- 3.00: All Age Walk (with scavenger hunt for kids)
- 5.00: fire pit, hot chocolate marshmallows
- 6.00: supper – soup, sourdough, slice
- 7.00 (optional): games in the Annex
Sunday 14 August (Church, then Belconnen)
- 9.00: All Age Church Family Service
- 11.00: games and BBQ at John Knight Memorial Park, Lake Ginninderra – BYO meet and salad – drinks, plates and sauce provided
Join Holy Cross, the Good Faith Choir and the PNG Perovata Singers of Canberra in celebrating Christmas in July and the Coming of the Light, from 5.15pm 1st July.
5.15pm Firepit, kids’ games and marshmallows
6pm Carols for Winter Christmas and the Coming of the Light
7pm Christmas Feast with traditional foods from Australia, PNG and around the world