Join us this Wednesday evening from 5.30pm for a community BBQ and #ChangeTheHeart service. Led by Common Grace, ChangeTheHeart is a service of acknowledgement, lament and prayer as we approach January 26th – a day of mourning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As we regather for the year, our BBQ and ChangeTheHeart service is a chance for us to enjoy time together in gratitude, and create space to hear the call toward a vision in the world of reconciliation, healing and restoration.
Category: Worship Page 1 of 15
Amidst this unpredictable winter, our parish ‘retreat’ will be a weekend of fellowship, fun and prayer right here at home.
We have put together an exciting program! Attendance is free – please sign up at www.holycrosshackett.org.au/weekend if you haven’t already put your name down on a sign-up sheet.
Saturday 13 August
MORNING (Church Annex)
- 9.00-9.45: breakfast (coffee, fruit, pastries)
- 9.45-10: Morning Prayer
- 10.00-12.00: Drawing Close to Jesus – spiritual session
- 10.00-12.00 (younger kids): games, movie
- hospitality in homes (for those who wish) – please make sure you register or email if you are hoping to join us
AFTERNOON (Mt Majura, then Church)
- 3.00: All Age Walk (with scavenger hunt for kids)
- 5.00: fire pit, hot chocolate marshmallows
- 6.00: supper – soup, sourdough, slice
- 7.00 (optional): games in the Annex
Sunday 14 August (Church, then Belconnen)
- 9.00: All Age Church Family Service
- 11.00: games and BBQ at John Knight Memorial Park, Lake Ginninderra – BYO meet and salad – drinks, plates and sauce provided
All are welcome to join us for our regular Sunday Eucharist worship services at 9am each week. During school terms these include kids’ church and activities for families with young children. For those who can’t be with us in person, you are welcome to join our weekly Sunday worship online via Zoom.
Occasional joint services with St Margaret’s take place at 9.30am as noted in our church calendar.
Join us Tuesday 1 March 6pm for pancakes in the church! Family friendly, free (donations welcome), open to all! Book online: holycrosshackett.org.au/pancakes
You’ll also find our Lent programme below, with something for all ages – please do come along and join us.
All our Christmas services (other than the Kids Nativity) will be available on Zoom: click here to join.
CHRISTMAS EVE, Fri 24 Dec
5pm: Kids Nativity
– this will be held OUTSIDE under the cherry tree, by request of parents who would prefer their children to be in a space with better ventilation. The weather should be fine. Bring a rug if you want somewhere comfortable to sit! Chairs will also be available.
11pm: Midnight Mass in the church
CHRISTMAS DAY, Sat 25 Dec
9am: All Age Eucharist in the church (NB no morning tea will be served)
BOXING DAY, Sun 26 Dec
10am: a simple said Eucharist, followed by morning tea in the Annex
Join us for a beautiful service of music, readings and prayers to mark Advent Sunday. No need to book.
Or you can attend via Zoom at the usual Parish link.
This year we are marking the traditional feast of All Souls Day by holding a gentle contemplative Eucharist. It will be a time to remember all the suffering and losses of this strange and challenging year, to hold before God all our loved ones who have died, and together to take a step of hope.
Join us in person or on Zoom: click here for the Zoom link.
31 October marks our return to Sunday worship in person at Holy Cross after two months of lockdown. We will be celebrating All Saints Day at our 9am Eucharist.
Today is also our “Offering Sunday”, as we give thanks to God for all the many blessings we have received. Copies of the offering cards we’ll be using in our service can be found below.
We will be continuing to offer the option of attending all our services via Zoom for the foreseeable futures. To join us via Zoom, click here.
Have a blessed Sunday!