Holy Cross Anglican Church works in “cooperative partnership” with St Margaret’s Uniting Church. This partnership was established by our founding ministers, Colin Rush and Don Erickson, and has lasted for more than fifty years. It is the longest-standing such arrangement in Canberra, and is unique in the region.
Holy Cross and St Margaret’s regularly hold combined services, especially at Easter and Christmas, and we also run joint Lent Courses and regular social activities. Both churches share the use of the church building and the two halls. A Joint Executive guarantees our partnership in mission, and oversees practical matters such as grounds maintenance and shared costs.
A highlight of our cooperation is the Good Faith combined choir, which sings for special services and performs regular concerts.
Holy Cross has an excellent relationship with Holy Rosary Roman Catholic Church, with whom we share the “holy roundabout” (corner of Phillip Avenue and Antill Street). We also cooperate with other local churches, both Anglican and from other denominations. We have a strong commitment to working for the unity of God’s Church “so that the world may believe” (John 17:21).
Regular Combined Services
Good Friday – A contemplative choral service with the Good Faith choir
Pentecost Sunday – A celebration of the birth of the Church in the power of the Spirit
Creation Sunday – An outdoor service celebrating God’s creation (held in Spring)
Advent Sunday – A service anticipating the coming of Christ
Christmas – A Christmas morning service for all the family
- Sustainability in the ACT: Community conversation with Shane Rattenbury
- North Canberra Nativity Festival
- Creative festival connecting community, faith and sustainability
- “Sustaining Our Future” Festival – Full Programme
- Launch of Carbon Action Project
- Lent Activities at Holy Cross
- Nativity Festival comes to North Canberra
- Feedback from “Better Together”
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- St Margaret’s-Holy Cross partnership in Canberra City News