Our work caring for the environment seeks to honour our calling to be stewards of God’s creation (Genesis 1:28 and 2:15) and the mission goals of the Anglican Communion:
To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth.Anglican communion marks of missioN
At Holy Cross, we are blessed to be surrounded by the Box Gum woodlands of Mt Majura and the beauty of spaces such as the Dickson Wetlands, shared with the animals and plants of the Canberra region.
Increasingly, we are becoming aware of the fragility of creation, and the growing need to act both locally and globally towards more responsible care for our environment.
The Holy Cross and St Margaret’s Social Justice and Environment Group seeks to lead us in this work. The group helps to lead the greening of our church practices and those of our wider community.
In 2020, our two churches have embarked upon an important journey towards reducing our carbon emissions and supporting our church members to go carbon neutral as part of our Carbon Action Project.
- Carbon Action Project resources
- Carbon Action Project in the Home Easter discussion groups
- Sponsor a paver to build our labyrinth
- Walking group dates 2021
- Creative festival connecting community, faith and sustainability
- Sustainability Festival on WIN News
- Sustainability festival to offer practical tips, question local ACT election candidates
- “Sustaining Our Future” Festival – Full Programme
- Carbon Action Project at Home
- Poem: “After the Ascension”