Tag: events Page 1 of 3
We are honoured to be holding Hackett’s 60th Birthday Party on the church grounds, co-hosted with the Hackett Community Association and our friends from St Margaret’s Uniting Church. It’s going to be an amazing community occasion, and everyone is welcome!
Featuring FREE kids entertainment (bouncy castle, face painting, Funky Fairy), a wide range of food trucks, and live performances including:
- 3.00pm: student bands from Dickson College
- 4.00pm: CAKE CUTTING AND “HAPPY BIRTHDAY HACKETT”
- 4.15pm: Good Faith Choir – gospel / world music
- 4.30pm: Folk Dance Canberra
- 4.40pm: local piano students including rising star JJ Neeman
- 5.15pm: Broad Spectrum – folk / rock / blues
- 6.15pm: a breezy summer set from a Mystery Local Celebrity
- 7.00pm: Chris Van Der Wielen Trio – classic hits from 1963 to 2013
Plus classical music by members of the ACT Youth Orchestra and local performers
Also featuring the HACKETT SQUARES community art show – enter your 30cm square artwork and win a cash prize! Entries close Wednesday 26 October.
We would love to see you this Easter!
Our services are:
April 2, Palm Sunday
9am with a procession of Palm Crosses
April 6, Maundy Thursday
7.30pm: Last Supper with communion and foot-washing
April 7, Good Friday
9am: Ecumenical Service with St Margaret’s Uniting Church
2pm: Meditation at the Cross
April 8, Easter Saturday
7pm: Easter Vigil
April 9, Easter Sunday
9am: Family Eucharist
Please join us and bring your family and friends!
On Tuesday 21 February, join the Holy Cross church family for our famous all-age Pancake Party! Sign up online at www.holycrosshackett.org.au/pancakes (to help us with numbers) .. or just turn up on the day.
- 5.30pm: a short all-age time of prayer and praise (for those who wish)
- 6.00pm: pancakes, fun and games
- $5 adults, free for kids – pay online, or cash / card on the door.
On Wednesday 22 February, come along to a special meditative time of prayer, and receive the traditional sign of ash on your forehead as a symbol of your desire to make a good Lent.
- 10am: Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes
- 6pm: Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes
And from Monday 27 February, please do join one of our many Lent Study Groups for a six week Missional Spirituality course (click here to buy a copy of our Lent book). Take some time out of your busy week for prayerful reflection, to make some great new friends, and learn more about how we can join in with what God is doing in the world around us. Sign up online at www.holycrosshackett.org.au/lent
- Monday night: Hackett home group
- Tuesday night: Ainslie home group
- Wednesday night: online group
- Thursday 10.30am: onsite at Holy Cross Hackett
Our fabulous programme of Christmas events is out now – featuring:
- Saturday 26 November, 2.30pm: Choir Concert – “Songs of Heaven & Earth”
- Sunday 27 November, 9.30am: Advent Sunday Eucharist, joint with St Margaret’s Uniting Church
- Sunday 27 November, 7pm: Darkness Into Light
- Sunday 4 December, 5pm: Family Christmas Time Out
- Friday 9 – Monday 12 December: North Canberra Nativity Festival (also on Facebook)
And much much more! Check out the posters below for more information.
It’s a season of longer days, warmer weather, and … pumpkins?! Once more our families and friends are gathering for a spring barbecue and firepit, party games and a touch of spooky fun. Kids’ costumes are encouraged!
Join us from 4.30-7.30pm.
All are welcome!
Join us one and all for a fabulous day at Holy Cross Hackett on Sat 19 Nov. Our fete is back for another year, with new games, activities and stalls, and all the wonderful things you have come to enjoy from Holy Cross. Join us from 11-3.30pm for food, activities, fine wares, Christmas goods, and our famous Holy Cross book stall. Join us on the day or reach out to us at email@example.com for more details.
Join Holy Cross, the Good Faith Choir and the PNG Perovata Singers of Canberra in celebrating Christmas in July and the Coming of the Light, from 5.15pm 1st July.
5.15pm Firepit, kids’ games and marshmallows
6pm Carols for Winter Christmas and the Coming of the Light
7pm Christmas Feast with traditional foods from Australia, PNG and around the world